Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bubble Wrap

In one of the generous and amazing packages I received while at site, bubble wrap was included. I remembered how much I used to and still do enjoy popping the small pockets of air. I brought the plastic sheets out into the compound hoping the kids would discover the same satisfaction of hearing and feeling the clicks underneath the weight of your feet. They were wary at first. The concept of mail is unfamiliar to the children so I had a hard time explaining the purpose of bubble wrap. But once I demonstrated how to pop the bubbles, they quickly laid the plastic sheets on the dirt and began jumping and dancing on them. Once deflated, they used the plastic sheets as head and waist wraps displaying their new items around the village. They definitely enjoyed their bubble wrap experience and I had a great time watching them play with this new and strange thing.




8 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew that bubble wrap would be universally popular!! Breaking all cultural barriers. Maybe the UN should start playing with environmentally friendly bubble wrap made from plants at the start of every session. The world might be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! :) As a child, bubble wrap can be quite enjoyable. And once you get older, its just air bubbles. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ello again Fern :),
    This blog brought back many memories of a younger me and my mother or father bringing me bubble wrap when I asked. I'm glad they found it fun just as much as children in the U.S LoL although if I tried that now I would probably end up popping them all at once due to my huge feet:-p
    -Yasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heey Fern(:
    This is Renee,Ms.Agudas Avid Student, i was just reading your blog and i couldnt help but lauph. It reminded me of how much i loved playing with bubble wrap and how it was fun. In the pictures it looked like they had fun too(: . It made me think how the little things to us is like huge to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!.... i love bubble wrap!
    how can anyone not like it....i think its great that they were able to enjoy it so much.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Fern,
    Bubble wrap is so fun to play with! i find it intersting that they are having fun with the bubble wrap like me! I agree with you AJ:)
    -Have fun with the bubble wrap:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ferm this is Monica from Kelly's AVID class. It seems like you are having an amazing time with all the kids in town. I think is real funny how everyone enjoys popping the bubble wrap! :]
    Have fun and enjoy all your the new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaliyah said: hey,It's me again posting a comment...umm.. That is so cool how you guys are popping the bubble wraps..I use to do that when i was young and still do it because it is so amusing to me. I'm glad they had fun with it..I know it is a new thing for them but the good thing is, is that they had extra fun while doing it... I know you are having a swell time out there and i hope it continues while you are out there...you guys are having so much fun out there that i want to be out there with you guys but hey what can i say maybe next time i be out there someday...I hope my comment that I'm posting brings you joy..I'm excited about how much fun you have out there Fern that it makes me jealously..but anyways imma go..bye..!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete